Head Coverings, Hair Accessories, Modest Clothing
for Tzniut (Modesty), Prayer, Hair Loss and Cancer Chemotherapy Patients
Huge Selection - Excellent Customer Service!
Specializing in Handmade Hair Accessories for Women, Men & Children
Our designs can be worn by women of all beliefs and backgrounds - Perfect for Synagogue, Bar/Bat Mitzvah, Bridal and Wedding Guests, Prayer Covering for Candle lightings, Kiddush, all Religious and Traditional Occasions and Casual Modest Wear.
We invite you to try our unique tying design for a better way of wearing a head cover without the hassle of pins and clips and constantly tugging due to slippage!
Hair Loss, Chemo Head Scarves - Our designs also make an attractive and comfortable fashionable alternative wear for those with hair loss due to cancer, chemotherapy, alopecia, trichotillomania, lupus and other medical conditions.
As one customer writes: "When your body is falling apart and you have no hair it is very satisfying to have something attractive to put on your head. It makes you feel pretty and whole again." Loretta
- Scarves, Israeli Tichels, Tiechels, Mitpachat, Snoods: Unique and so versatile they can be worn for both casual and dressy occasions. Our head scarves also make great prayer coverings for candle-lightings and prayer. Extremely comfortable and many have our unique tying designs which are used to size the scarf snuggly to prevent slippage while adding a beautiful & elegant touch. Our extensive collection include a variety of designs with cording ties, band ties, lace ties, pre-tied, are no ties. Many are accented with Jacquard bands in a variety of fabric types from opaque to sheer, unlined to lined and in a huge selection of colors and designs. All scarf and snood designs make soft and comfortable medical headcoverings for customers dealing hair loss.
- Mimkhatah, Bandanas, Kerchiefs: "Mimkhatah" is Hebrew for Kerchief. This bandana style design is very simple to wear and also includes our unique tying design for easy sizing. The Mimkhatah is so lightweight you will forget you have it on! You can't get more easy head wear than this! There are many fabrics and colors to choose from!
- Mantilla Veils, Shabbat Veils, Hair Wraps, Bridal Veils: We offer a variety of quality lace fabrics edged with either beading trim, Venise trim or untrimmed. Many veils are available in triangular cut, oval cut or round cut.
- Shabbat Shawls, Prayer Shawls, Tallit: - Add a touch of elegance and enwrap yourself in the Shabbat (Sabbath), or any special day, with the beauty of and elegance of our unique shawls! We specialize in long full shawls patterned after the ancient shawl coverings. They also make beautiful large hair covers for candle lighting and prayer! (We hope, b'ezrat HaShem, to make available kosher tallit (prayer shawls) with tzitzit in the near future.)
- Kippah, Kippot, Yarmulkes: For men, women and children! Unique in design and absolutely beautiful on! Great for all occasions. Can also be a first step towards covering the hair for the women wishing to observe the laws of the tzniut (modesty) but are not yet ready for total coverage. Makes wonderful gifts for the whole family, family members of the Bar/Bat Mitzvah or as a very special gift for that special Bar/Bat Mitzvah boy or girl! Many kippot come with beading, cording, gimp, venise trims, appliqués and other pretty embellishments. Most kippah designs have a small comb sewn inside to keep it securely in place. (Matching kippah clips are also available upon request.)
- Summer, Winter, Pull on, and with Ties Hats, Beret and Caps: Our hat section offers fashionable yet comfortable modest hats designed to accommodate hair worn up underneath of the hat for modesty or fashion. We have a variety of styles to chose from and will be making available many more hat periodically - check back often!
- Elastic, Tie, Narrow, and Wide Headbands: - A great hair accessory for anyone who likes wearing a head band style hair accessory. Besides the tradtional headbands, we have many designs that can be extended and are popular for covering the hair. Many styles are really gorgeous worn over a snood or tichel for those who wish to add a pretty touch to a favorite hair cover.
- Tzniut, Frum, Stylish Modest Clothing - Blouses, Skirts, Dresses, Jackets: We periodically have a beautiful collection of modest women's apparel that blend dignity and femininity with trendy contemporary styles for the woman committed to a modest lifestyle. We plan to have a complete tznius clothing assortment available soon!
- Judaic, Hebrew, Scripture, and Kabbalah Art: A variety of traditional Jewish themes demonstrating Jewish concepts and values - Priestly Blessing Hands, Hamsa, Star of David, Menorah, King David's Harp, etc. All are framed and ready to hang or stand. Unique, handmade artwork - perfect gifts for any occasion and a wonderful addition to your Judaic collection!
Orach Chayim - Way of Life - Torah Study & Resources
Also found within this site are comprehensive resources to aid in Scripture Study - Torah Study:
Judaism's religious texts - the Hebrew Bible, Talmud, Responsa, Rabbinic literature and similar works.
- Hebrew Glossary - Extensive
- Hebrew Phrases - Compilation
- Hebrew Transliterated and English Translation Torah - First Five Books of the Bible
- Jewish Music Audio Clips - Traditional and Contemporary Jewish Music
- Judaic Graphics - Various and Clip Art
- Torah Study - Book Reviews and Recommendation
- ...and much more! See the Orach Chayim section to view an extensive list of each study and resource available.
Crown of a Woman
Tzniut (modesty) means knowing and communicating to others that your identity equals your innermost self. Physical appearance should be designed to call attention to one’s worth and nobility, to a good soul.
May our designs be an inspiration to return to the values that have been emphasized for centuries in Jewish life. These values are summed up in the word tzniut. And these values are not only for Jews. In ancient times, even non-Jewish married women wore a hair cover. (Sanhedrin 58b)